I am going to talk to you like I would my sister. Let's get to know me a little better.
I sometimes feel that people write what they think people want to hear. And I feel like I have fallen under that not-so-orginal blog. not that i want to be original, I just want to be me. And my blog has been.. well.. boring. So sorry. Let me represent myself a little better.
Hai. I am Lauren Curleyhair. nice to meet you.
So last week was a rollercoaster. Not an actual rollercoaster, but I sure was busy and emotionally busy. Started off last Monday with a call from my mother telling me Maren's baby, Atticus, was in the emergency room at Phoenix children's Hospital. Quite frankly, my heart fell through my butt.
He is only 2 months old, and is in the saddest place I have ever been. I immediately got in my car with her husband , Sam, to meet her there and be her support. Man, but when I got there, all I saw was crying babies and children. My personal hell. I couldn't help any of them. My heart was pounding so hard when I walked in the doors. It was packed in there. and when I finally got to the room where Maren and Atticus were- I couldn't hold back the burning tears. He was covered in a red rash all the way from his back to all on his head. He didn't even sound like the same baby. He had been crying so much that his voice started to give out and it was the most heart-breaking sound I have ever heard. I quickly gave Maren a hug of " I am so sorry your baby is in pain" and "give me some of your hurt, I want to share your pain, and support you"
hug. We both cried together. How helpless I felt. How heavy my heart felt.
The thing that kept coming to my head was "I wonder how Jesus feels- seeing people he loves go through something like this- and worse!" It put it in a different light- but still breaks my heart.
So, I was there. I had to leave when they did blood work and a spinal tap, because I can not handle that. I can't. I really felt helpless sitting in the hall, waiting, but still hearing what was going on. I hope no one has to ever go through that. I wouldn't wish that on my enemy.
The nurses and Doctors there are truly heroes. I could never do what they do- I am just way to sensitive a person to handle those situations.
So I was at my sisters all week, with my mom, watching her other kids, Ethan and Circe, while they, Sam and Maren, were at the hospital with Atticus.
Then later in the week they were released. Which was a huge sigh of relief for me and every one else. Maren is such a good mother. She never left him once. and held him every minute she could. She is an amazing strong woman, and amazes me all the time.
Then on the weekend, I helped my sister Joyce, with her kids, like I do every week, and had so much fun. Its always fun when I go over there.
Ethan got sick this past weekend as well, So I had my own sick baby here to take care of. Man. Its work being a helper. I was physically and emotionally drained. I am such a good wife-I even went to Dairy Queen to get Ethan a blizzard at 9:30 at night, because he was craving one.
Oh yes. You bet he is going to owe me when I "crave" something in the future.. so watch out.
despite all of the tiredness I still feel good about everything. I love to help. I love how it makes me feel, and I truly feel satisfied when I do it:)
4 comments:
I love you Lauren! You are an amazing person ;)
I am so glad your nephew is okay! That is really scary. Your sister sounds like an amazing person though. I bet she was so happy you were there to support and help her!
I don't what I would do with out you. I seriously am SOO luckly. I know it was hard being at the hospital but thank you.
I love you Lauren!
You are an amazing person with a HUGE heart- your sister is blessed to have you!
Post a Comment