Monday, September 13, 2010

It all points back to you.


Remember, I would stay awake at night and cry to you
"how am I going to do this?"
Remember when I would take up 30 minutes of your time begging you to help me
and telling you how much I needed you almost every night when Ethan went to sleep?
Remember when I told you I would be persistent and do whatever it took, and told you the desires of my heart?
Remember when I asked you if you would forgive me for my stupid mistakes, and help me with my life?
Remember when I was hurting in my heart and I couldn't find a way to make the pain go away? Remember when I talked to you and asked you to comfort me, so I could go to sleep, and you stayed with me and told me that you were there for me always?


Than perhaps you remember this morning, when I was awakened with a phone call that told me I had a job, and that it was the exact hours, money pay, and job that I wanted?
I will never forget.
I will always trust you. I will never doubt you. Please don't ever leave me.
I ♥ you.

love. Lauren



4 comments:

Lindsay Shreeve said...

What an awesome experience! I love little reminders of how Christ helps us. It makes me count my blessings!

Unknown said...

Boy do I know how that feels! I am forever grateful for the little things He does (as well as the big ones). Thanks for posting this and reminding me of how mush He does for us.

Candi said...

Thank you for sharing this!

Whitni Watkins said...

I needed this. Thank you.