Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Goodwill?? more like GREEDYwill.


So I used to be in love with Goodwill, thinking I was getting a good deal.
When in reality, its only a good deal when you go on 50 percent off day saturday.
With like a ga-zillion people in there. Heck to the NO.
I went to the new Goodwill that just opened around the corner from me, and was pretty excited! I'm not gunna lie, I do love a good bargain.
But did I find one!? NOOOOO. wanna know what I found? I found at least 3 people with B.O. issues, mexican candy in plastic spoons , and over-priced items. yeah I said it. OVER-priced.
Do you know I found shoes for freaking 40 bucks there??? isn't it like a rule that everything be under 8 bucks? I mean come on... someone GAVE them to goodwill for free!!
Then I started thinking, wow. Goodwill is seriously all-profit company. Seriously. they get all their stuff from people who GIVE it to them FOR FREE. and then they sell it for like regular department store prices.. how stupid is that! I thought the purpose of Goodwill was to sell used things for a discounted price, so that those people who couldn't spend a lot of money could have semi- nice things for not that much dough. It honestly made me mad! I'm not going to pay 13.00 bucks for a dress. I mean all of their dresses are the same price. I could go to forever 21 and buy one NEW. so there. Take that "goodwill". I'm going to Deseret Industries.
BOO yah.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I concur!!! Only I usually don't find anything in my size at a thirft store, but I prefer DI anyways cuz the people never seem to have issues with hygiene ;)

Candi said...

I love the fact that we thought the same thing about the new good will. I went on Monday and omgoodness it really is over priced. They had some good things but like you said $40 bucks for shoes, crazy! So I have revert back to Savers, $1 day on Monday, I find some really good things plus they give you coupons when you donate.

However, I will have to correct you on one thing, only because it would be wrong to all my schooling if I didn't (nonprofit major). Goodwill is actually nonprofit, one of the largest thrift store in the nation. 84% of there funding sponsors employment programs and the rest is used to function the nonprofit administration needs.

But I feel you on the overpriced items :)

Maren said...

Geez, that's a bummer! Where is there a new Goodwill?