Monday, October 11, 2010

Things that need to be addressed.

I am a follower, disciple, and daughter of Jesus Christ. I love him. I trust him, and trust what the prophets have said, apostles and chorum of the seventy have and do say. There has been a huge number of people (100,000) who have been offended by President Boyd K. Packer's words this Oct conference 2010. This hurts my heart. His talk was beautiful, and was full of love. It saddens me that people think that we are hateful people, and that we are a "cult", we hate gays, we hate catholics, we hate muslims, and we never speak the truth and we are hateful against African Americans. None of these rumors are true. It hurts to hear these things.
What brought this topic up?
Facebook group " Boyd K. Packer We Love you" fan page. It was a page so people could write him letters of love - rather than letters of hate. Well. we got a lot of haters on that page that are furious- and protesting, and you can tell are angry in their hearts. They do not understand, nor CARE to understand. I don't understand everything, but when I do have a quesiton, I pray about it. If anyone would know, it would be God.

3 comments:

katy said...

I'm not a Mormon, but I am a Christian, and it hurts my heart to hear that people can be so stupid.
I don't know much about the Mormon Faith (along with other faiths I would like to learn more) and I think that maybe it is ignorance that makes these people so rude. I'm sorry you're hurting. I don't know you that well, but it still bothers me that a nice person like you (and others who's bloggs I read) should be judged so unfairly.

Unknown said...

I totally wrote an entire post about this too. Check mine out. I just can't believe that people are so empty-minded. Just isn't right.

Merkley Jiating said...

It is so sad that things like this happen. I am going to blame it on parents that force their ideals onto kids and then kids who don't figure out what they believe for themselves.

I will have to look into that Arnica stuff. Thanks for telling me about it!

Thanks for all of your comments on my blog. I am trying to be better about commenting. It's because I always read posts in Google Reader now and so I've stopped commenting! I need to fix that though.