So, getting to know people in my office has been very fun. The design room ( where they do logos and cool photoshop things, websites etc... ) is my favorite. I get a long with everyone in there, they are all just really cool people. I was at lunch one day with two of them earlier in the week, and we played the " Facts about me" game. Things that describe you- experiences you have had. It got me thinking of things that I love that when you put them all together you think, OH thats so lauren- she loves this place, or this fabric. So I think I should write a list of my fav's things. I mean its been done before- but I have perfected it.
I ♥.....
Walgreens- when I was living at my parents house- growing up we always went to the 24 hr walgreens. Always. out of Dr pepper? its 3 in the morning? Well lets hop in the car and drive to Walgreens, in our pj's and nasty hair buns. No worries:) We would always take our time there looking through EVERY isle. Good memories lie in that grand store. I still take atleast an hour there- Ethan is a convert to this idea- oh you bet he loves himself to some Walgreens.;)- MUSE- I don't know if you guys have ever heard of MUSE, but OMG- can I just melt in that man's voice???and play the piano like he does- or any instrument for that matter. I get lost in my happy place when I listen to his music. Til this day MUSE is my favorite, I went to their concert- and tears streamed down my face I was sooo happy. Don't laugh. You know you have a band that you would totally cry over. I'm not weird.
- The Beatles- I grew up listening to them with my parents, and we actually had one of their movies called "HELP" and we would put it on on Sundays, and sing to all their songs. I watched it recently, it just rekindled my love for them. They are so funny in that movie! which makes you love them even more.
- Sound of music- I a.b.s.o.l.u.t.e.ly. LOVE this movie. once again, I watched this movie-growing up- and realized how much i love it. I find myself singing songs like " Favorite things" in the shower.. and "I have confidence" when I feel inferior, and I just think of that movie and it makes me happy. I also love Austria. I want to go there someday. And eat some strudel and make some play clothes out of old curtains:)
- Grey (gray?) Clothing- k, I love me some gray clothes. I know this might sound completely weird. But everytime I go shopping I have like a handle of gray shirts. I mean come on.. boring! cept I dont think so- I think gray can be worn at all times, if you add a little somthin somthin, and accent colors and what not.
- TECHNO- I mean, I know- techno, a lot of people find boring, But it makes me feel bouncy and cool. Yes, it makes me feel cool. lol It definately has to be the right kind of Techno, and has to have a cool interesting beat, not like Runway beat. Techno was actually one of the first thing that brought me and Ethan together. On our first date you know that dumb question " whats your favorite Band?" "whats your favorite type of music" ( i never know how to answer that, i guess thats why I think its dumb.) And I said- well I am starting to like techno- and Ethan got wide eyed and was like " For real?" You like TECHno!?" thats when Ethan fell in love. (after he asked me what artists i listened to, to prove that I wasn't lying.. lol)
- SOFT ANYTHING- yeah, I know, your like? what? soft anything?stupid pillow pet things and I'd be like, wow those are so pointless, and then i touch it, and I think " but its so soft! " so dumb. Luckily I have control when it comes to pointless Items (specially when the only reason you want it, is because its soft.) But my ultimate favorite soft is that worn cotton, Def my fav.
- People who quote movies as much as I do- I think most of what I say is from a movie. My family has this problem with inside movie jokes, I mean you would get it if you watched the movie- but if you didn't well.. its kind of akward. But then once upon a time, you find that someone who knows what your saying and then you have that stare like " You know what thats from!?" and then your bestfriend movie quoters. Your bond is so much stronger.the end.
9. Dr Pepper- so, Dr Pepper runs deep in my family, even my in-laws.( well they drink diet but dr Pepper all the same.. ) Having a bad day? Go to sonic happy hour and grab a cup of drpepper big enough to quench your whole familys thirst in just one cup, but you know, we all get our own! durr. (unhealthy? yes. Do I care? sometimes..) Its an amazing thing Dr Pepper. It really does make the world taste better. - Target- I looooveee Target. I love that they always have clearance in sometimes weird places, I love that they have cheap food. (specially when I have my neices and nephews with- entertain them with a pretzel) I love that I can find pretty much everything I need there, and I have so much fun paroosing. I love that they actually have cute clothes for kids and Adults. and Maternity(somtimes I just wanna buy it anyway even though I have no Bun in no oven.)
- Natural Child Birth + babies+ Pregnant Bellies + Information on everything about birth- Yes, thats a lot of +'s. Cuz its all in the same categorie. I love learning about birth, and how your body does it! Its so amazing how it even happens. I love learning about natural child birth, because its less interventions and its all your body. No drugs no nothing. I go to this class called "Nurturing Bellies" and they have this class you can go to (pregnant or not) That is basically women telling their experiences about birth, what you should expect- how they thought of it, I mean there's just so many things to learn! I just love to learn about it. I am kind of Obsessed. I love babies to, I can make any baby smile. I just love them so much! doesn't even matter who's baby it is either:)
2 comments:
Oh thanks for posting! I needed something good to read :) Thanks for hanging out last night and turning my frown upside down. It was fun! Even with the minor interruptions. I can't get the sound of music songs out of my head, lol. Lauren thanks for being awesome, really.
Thanks for so eloquently expressing your favs. I laughed out loud several times, of course being your mom I can really relate.You can blame the DP thing on me. Chocolate and DP do tend to help the world seem like a better place when we are down.
You are becoming an incredible writer girl. Keep it up. (BTW,lunch with two people from design? WTG!)
Post a Comment