Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Educating myself about childbirth/mothering

When I find something amazing and awesome- you bet I wanna tell everyone!

As most of you know, I am not a mother. yet.

But that doesn't mean I can't educate myself about the matter, right?Same for all of you. If you don't have kids, or if you have kids and you still want to learn I guarantee
You can ALWAYS learn more.
There has been several times in my life when I thought hey..whatever happens later, ill choose then how I want to have my baby, how I choose to mother my children.
But when I got married everything changed, because, really those dates came closer to be.
I could have kids within a year... what will i choose?
Have a baby at the hospital? Have a C-section? Get Induced so i can choose the day my baby will be born? Get my baby vaccinated right after he/she is born? If i have a boy will I get him circumsized?Have a Homebirth? Have a mid-wife instead of an O.B?

So many questions to ask yourself, myself.
And then I started to worry because I didn't know what I wanted.
Then along came Stephanie Soderblom



Probably one of the GREATEST people I know, and a very educated, honest and awesome Midwife.
She is/was the Midwife for my Sister Maren and Amy.
She seriously changed my life. (she probably doesn't even know it either!)
She gave me soo much hope. She actually got me Excited to have a baby.
Before it was more of a- Scary! situation.
I know what I'm going to do now. all of those questions I had are now answered. And once I have made my educated decision- there are NO OTHER OPTIONS.
No C-section (unless its an emergency.) no Inducing. (yuck.)
No hospital. At home. No drugs. All natural. No vaccinations. NO circumsizing.
Stephanie as my midwife.

You wanna know why I chose or not chose those things? Well.. its a personal decision.
It helps to make a personal decision when you educate yourselves about it.
Really. if you have a question, or you just wanna learn more..
Go to Stephanie's blog

It'll answer those, what ifs... and why's and How's.
:)


3 comments:

Chelsee Bingham said...

Educating yourself is a great idea. BUT let me tell you, I thought I had it planned out before I gave birth. How hard could it be Right? HAHA OH NO I said "GIVE ME THE DRUGS!!!!" haha anyways I ended up with a c sections. So as much as you plan and want it the way you want it, you actually don't have the choice, its the little stinker inside you that makes all the decisions!! ha =)

Maren said...

http://www.theunnecesarean.com/
I feel that to many interventions lead to c-sections. I had a typical hospital experience that I was completely unsatisfied with. The pain is going to be worse if you are stuck in a bed and constantly being told that an epidural is totally fine when you didn't want one. Starving you until you are to tired to think that you will comply to what they think is best.

I then had a homebirth that was intense but I could be where ever I wanted. Eat, drink, sleep or do whatever I wanted. Total labor was 3 hours and my husband caught our daughter. Best bonding experience ever.
Ever birth is going to be different. I think it is awesome that you have educated yourself. Our society has shaped us to fear birth and to just leave it up to the docs. They are human, and so are we. Educate.

The Denham Family said...

So obviously I'm WAYYYY uneducated too(I'm okay with this for the time being!!!) but back to the point, I can imagine your future baby being the cutest thing EVER with fabulous hair and dark skin. . .Ooooh la la!