Saturday, June 06, 2009

explanation for previous post.

So in my last post you guys were probably a little confused about why i want to leave.
The first thing that happened:
- Me and ethan weren't making the quota they had for the office of , 6 sales for this week. Seems reasonable? Well ethan got three on monday when we were all pumped. They cancelled. yep cancelled because dish doesn't have four BET channels.( I know what a gay reason? i didnt even know there was 4.) then we find out everyone in our office is having a hard time getting quota, when they at the beginning were like oh people with a brain that can talk can sell 4 a day. HA!!! Selling is FRIKEN hard- and i defiately could spend my time actually making money rather then failing at the doors.
The second thing we just found recently:
-The products SUCK. they don't even work. im surprised my only two customers havent called me yelling at me that their stuff is crap. Alot of people in our office have had to deal with people calling and yelling that them that their internet and phone dont work. How can you sell something that you know is crappy. im so glad my mom decided to wait.
The last straw:
-The owners basically told our managers that every other office, like seattle,utah, and az, all closed down.the only one open is denver- and i have no idea why since the products suck. So since our internet and phone suck- people today are just selling tv. We are still selling direct and dish tv at awesome promo rate. anywho.
our managers just told us we are going to sell clear instead since elevate didn't deliver.Clear is a phone and internet but they are backed up by google and intel and our only available in certain areas cuz they are new- but our offered here in portland.

So I'm definatley not selling door to door anymore- I learned alot about my comfort zone, thats for sure. I love talking to people- but i also like to love what im selling to sell it to them. Like clothes? heck yah! ill pick you out an outfit anyday.
Ethan wants to stay and sell- but I wanna go home.
So we dont know what we should do.
We are thinking about him staying here in portland to sell clear- and i go home and put my resume in for chase where my sister hillarie works, so we will both be making money so we can get our own place.

Guys. this is so hard. I don't want to be separated from my husband.But we really need to gte our own place- and pay his mom back for ethans car.

I have been praying about it, and i thought i knew what we were doing until this morning , when they announced working for clear.
:( oh help.

3 comments:

IronLawGirl said...

I know. Selling is hard! Ryan was telling me about his first summer selling alarms. He got 5 his first week which is pretty good for your first summer, but then for the next three weeks he only got 3 a week. Not so hot. But then he got the hang of it and started selling again.
But that's really hard when they're switching products on you guys! Man you guys should have done pest control! ;) Tell Ethan you just want to take out student loans and move to CO where he can go to school for free. THen you guys can have your own place and just pay for it after Ethan's a phamacist! That's what we be doin'!

Taylors said...

Oh that sucks! It seems like every summer selling thing is shady in some way. You should leave the boys and get your Chase job back home. And since it is a big company hopefully you could transfer when you guys go to colorado. Plus you'll be with your family/sisters again, so the time will pass a little quicker before Ethan gets back.

jaymee sirrine said...

Wow Lo, thats crazy! I am sorry it didn't work out for you! I would be frekin' scared to do what you did! So props to that! I think Chase sounds like an awesome opportunity. So are you home? Chase will keep you stable if you work for them. Summer sales seem shady amd not stable, thats why we didn't do it last summer. So yeah, I hope you are home!! :) Call me if you are!